Main functions of the CIPC:
• Registration of Companies, Co-operatives and Intellectual Property Rights (trademarks, patents, designs and copyright).
• Disclosure of information on CIPC’s business registers.
• Promotion of education and awareness of Company and Intellectual Property Law.
• Monitoring compliance with and contraventions of financial reporting standards, and making recommendations in this regard to Financial Reporting Standards Council (FRSC).
• Licensing of Business rescue practitioners.
• Report, research and advise on matters of national policy relating to company and intellectual property law.
Read more at: www.cipc.co.za